Sunday, February 17, 2008

bruised from head to toe




when i was 13 my friend bear and i decided snowboarding would be cool, so we signed up for snowhawks and learned to ride. getting up early on sunday mornings during bar mitzvah year was no easy feat but we cut our macarenas and electric slides short for love of this hip new sport. cut to 2008...i have boarded once or twice since my jr. high epiphone 11 years ago and find myself in korea with a renewed desire to ride. this weekend i was able to live it out at jisan forest resort, a mere hour from my area on a free shuttle bus. a profound place to ski by no means, but someone as out of shape and out of practice as myself needs nothing more than a few slopes covered in artificial snow. the on-site lotteria didn't hurt...a shrimp burger and mozzarella sticks PLUS dok boggi for lunch? AMAZING...




before:



after:

No comments: