Monday, July 27, 2009

what the what?



I just watched Milk for the first time yesterday -- what a phenomenal movie. I thought the acting was outstanding, the story is, of course, extremely inspirational and the aura and feel of the film were perfect.

A funny thing happened on the way to the credits...actually, while I was watching the credits. Jeff Koons' name was there. What? I'm a big Koons fan and I figured I would have recognized the American icon. I went on google and tried to figure out who he played (Art Agnos, as it turns out) and when his cameo was. He actually had a speaking role and was on screen for a good 5 minutes. What?

One site likened it to the phenomenon of seeing things out of context and not being able to place them. Sadly, this happens all too often in my life, what with the fact that my memory is the size of a pea (probably weak to begin with and further stunted by a former affinity for a certain green substance...chicken or egg? Who knows?). Anyways, it all came together and, disappointed as I am for not recognizing the father of Balloon Dog myself, at least I know I wasn't the only one.

Anyways, watch the movie...with the added bonus of knowing you won't miss the Koons.

No comments: