Thursday, October 26, 2006

Not what you want to see first thing in the morning...



so, yah...i don't really know what to say about this. my legs have kind of always made me a little insecure and when I'm awake but asleep at work first thing in the morning this is NOT how I want to start my day. if you ask me, sienna's smoking hot - that's just my opinion (and i say it not because of her alleged "style icon-ness" - i'm VERY over her style). i'd make out with her. and im straight. mostly. but are her legs too thin? have i been brainwashed to admire emaciation? I've lost perspective, I dont even know what to think anymore...





speaking of style, someone whose style i just can't get enough of is kirsten dunst. i just saw marie antoinette last night and LOVED IT...the soundtrack, costumes, settings, oppulence, etc. were AMAZING, I felt so decadent just watching it. i guess the history was the only thing that was lacking, but i certainly wasn't there for a history lesson. i was there for sofia coppola's stylistic brilliance. anyways, kirsten's style impresses me - and it always seems so effortless. i guess she's tall and thin, so it's not terribly hard to look good, but some of those young hot hollywood chicks look so contrived all the time, like they actually spent hours compiling the perfect "i dont give a shit" style. kirsten's got it. she's hip. that's all there is to it.









in other fashion news, i've recently taken note of a few australian/new zealand designers. i never really paid attention to aus/nz fashion before and now i'm ecstatic its been brought to my attention...
Alice McCall (AUS):
































seems mischa's noticed her as well (not that mischa provides any confirmation that something is inspired...she's just another rachel zoe droid)















also pay attention to Karen Walker (NZ)... who doesn't like a trip back to 80's neon with a hipster twist:






I also love the bow tie and lace with the little bubbly grey dress, men's suit shoes, bubbly shorts, high-waisted wide trousers, baggy vest, puff-sleeved bow-tie blouse, etc. etc. etc. AMAZING

No comments: