Sunday, January 27, 2008

blogger: take two


i've had many a revelation as of late, namely the fact that you can't really fancy yourself a writer if you don't write. a sensational connect-the-dots on my part, no? hence my renewed interest in and triumphant return to my blog. but take two will be different as it comes to you uncut, uncensored and commercial-free from my new abode in "korea land" (aka south korea).
i've been here a little over a month now and suffice to say there's been no end to the interesting and bizarre things i've witnessed in seoul. more on that later (can't deplete my best material in the first post if i intend to write regularly now can i). right now i'm sitting in my small albeit comfortable apartment in kanseo-gu watching on style's kate moss: exposed. celebrity gossip makes me feel at home. sad, i know. but it beats age of love (a devastatingly poor excuse for reality television, however devastating reality television is to begin with, in which a group of 40-somethings who look 30 and a group of whorish 20-somethings vie for a man in his 30's...will true love prevail to spite the stigma of age? i will hopefully not have to find out). hmmm...a tangent. get used to those. that's pretty much how my brain works in a nutshell.
going to watch one of many bootleg dvds i've acquired while here (a definite perk), running with scissors. quite excited. the commentator on kate moss: exposed just pronounced longchamps with a pronounced "s" at the end...tee hee. why does that amuse me so?
i leave you with a picture of myself and a giant, happy bottle of soju (korea's distilled rice liquor, much like a low budg sake, pretty sweet at a dollar a bottle). i think this is one of few places in the world where a bottle of booze is made to be cutesie. everything here is cutesie. as you walk into a pork restaurant you're greeted by an wide-eyed, animated pig smiling at you as if to say "eat me, i'm delicious" (i like to imagine it's voice as bearing a close resemblance to the gay bee on family guy). p.s. props to myself for uploading a pic when all the controls were in korean

No comments: