Thursday, September 18, 2008

MACifying your PC


I've been a PC user my entire life. Actually, my experience with computers began in primary school playing "Digger" on my dad's DOS. We also used DOS in my high school typing class, which is really unbelievable when you think about it (I was in grade nine in 1998). But for the last five years or so I've been using a Dell laptop.

When I started my internship at Canadian Living I had to adjust to using a MAC and I quite liked it. This year my dad got his first MAC, a macbook pro, and it's actually like a new child to him. He's in love with his computer! People fall head over heels in love with their MACs!

Being that I'm unemployed, I don't see myself being able to exchange my Dell for a MAC for at least another year. So, in the meantime, I've downloaded a program that allows me to pretend I've already got that snazzy new macbook. It's called Rocket Dock. Much like on a MAC, it allows you to place applications on a dock positioned at the bottom, top or side of your screen. When you run your mouse over the applications, they become enlarged. Windows can be minimized to the dock and retrieved later. I like to keep my dock at the top of my screen so it doesn't interfere when I'm browsing online.

Aesthetically, I love rocket dock. It's obviously very practical but it also looks great. Check it out!

No comments: